Mercedosaurus Rex at Indianapolic Park
Part 18: The 1995 '500' - Did the Mercedosaurus bite its masters after all?
What's in the past is seldom set in concrete. History never stops developing. That's why regular 8W visitors may have noticed several recent updates to our Penske PC23-265E pages. Fresh insights supplied by new books from author Jade Gurss and former Penske designer Nigel Bennett, and additional information from former Penske engineer Nigel Beresford have since led to the definitive debunking of the persistent myth that Mercedes' one-off 1994 Indy 500 engine helped mask an inherent deficiency in the car's chassis design which consequently led to Penske's downfall in 1995. Henri Greuter now presents conclusive proof that this was not the case. In a substantial addition to Part 18 of his acclaimed series he will show that Penske's shocking 1995 Indy form had different reasons after all.
Other recent stories on 8W
- Spa - Tropical Spa… but in the rainy season!, 2014 Spa Six Hours report, by Mattijs Diepraam
- Goodwood - Being part of it, 2014 Circuit Revival Meeting report, by Mattijs Diepraam
- Zandvoort - Seaside sensations, 2014 Historic GP report, by Mattijs Diepraam
- Indy 1964 - Part 5: On Art Garner's Black Noon, by Mattijs Diepraam/Henri Greuter
- Le Mans - A bigger-than-life experience, 2014 Le Mans Classic report, by Mattijs Diepraam
Latest updates on 6th Gear
- May 3, 2015: Who goes where in 2015? - Italian GT updates
- May 3, 2015: Winners circle 2015 - Auto GP, European F3, WEC, Super GT, British GT, French GT, Italian GT, NASCAR, DTM, WTCC, TCR, V8 Supercars updates
- April 26, 2015: Who goes where in 2015? - Brazilian F3, Euroformula Open, FR2.0 Eurocup, GT Open, ADAC GT updates
- April 26, 2015: Winners circle 2015 - Indycar, FR3.5, Indy Lights, Brazilian F3, Euroformula Open, FR2.0 Eurocup, GT Open, ADAC GT, NASCAR, Brazilian Stock Car, Super TC2000 updates